Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kendra's Gyros

(I have to remember it's Yearos...not Guyros or Geeros)
Kendra made these when I went to see them in Cleveland...and I've been meaning to make them for a long time, but finally just got around to it...John ate them, although he didn't rave...but Dave and Jess and Mark and I really liked them....and they are healthy and low in fat too.

Meat Filling:
1 lb lean ground turkey breast
1/2 C chopped onion
2 t salt
1/2 t dried marjoram
1/2 t dried rosemary
1/8 t black pepper

Brown meat and add onions and spices; cook about 10 minutes








Cucumber Mint Sauce:
1 C plain yogurt
1/4 C sour cream
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (I scooped out the center with a melon baller)
2 t fresh mint chopped (I used more)
salt and pepper
juice of one lemon

Pita and Toppings:
4 pita breads, cut in half
shredded romaine lettuce
chopped tomato

Fill pita with meat, cucumber sauce, lettuce and tomatoes....yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment