Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall Bounty - Tomatoes

If you've grown a bunch of yummy tomatoes (or a friend has given you some or you've even bought some at the store)...here's a great recipe I got from The Sisters' Cafe:

Doesn't this look fresh and delicious!!!


Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta


2 C peeled, diced tomatoes (2 large or 4 smallish ones)
...put in boiling water for 30 seconds to peel

1 T chopped fresh basil

1-2 cloves garlic, minced (I used 4...but they were smallish and we like garlic)

1/2 t salt (kosher? but I didn't have kosher)

fresh ground pepper


Stir together and let sit on counter for a few minutes while you get the pasta cooked...


6-8 oz fresh angel hair pasta

parmesan cheese (shredded)



So easy...and SO GOOD...I made it again tonight and sauted a couple of strips of bacon to mix in so it's sort of carbonara (ish)




2 comments:

  1. this looks so good! i'm excited to try it. i just need to get some tomatoes. and basil. and pasta. and garlic. it will have to be after i go to the store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo yummy. I think I have all of those things in my kitchen right now, which is amazing for me! I made my first fried chicken last night, I'll have to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete