Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ummmm....luscious, light lunch....




This is one of my favorite things to make for lunch or dinner, especially when I'm trying to eat healthy (healthily?)....it's a great way to get all those helpings of fruit we're supposed to have.
I don't know if I made it up or read about it somewhere...this is enough for 4 people for lunch (or 2 people for dinner or lunch on 4 days...it keeps pretty well,,,)

In a dish (or plastic refrigerator container) start with:

1 pint Cottage cheese

On top of this add a variety of cut up fruit(about 2 cups), such as:

pineapple (1/2 can chunks, crushed)
1 orange, peeled and chunked up
berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, some or all....frozen works)
1 banana, peeled and chunked up
1/2 chopped apple
mango, grapes, whatever you've got around that you like

Dressing:

1 C sour cream (light or fat free)
1/4 C Splenda (or sugar)
1 t vanilla
nutmeg

Pour this over the fruit and finish off with chopped walnuts if you like them.

2 comments:

  1. this is good. I need to add this to my list for next week (already did the shopping for this week....raspberries are .99 at safeway right now...so stock up!) anyway....thanks for reminding me about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! This looks absolutely delicious... I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete