Thursday, October 29, 2009

Apple Dumplings (from Pioneer Woman)

Need another dessert recipe with absolutely no redeeming nutritional value? This would be the one....need I say it's DELICIOUS....and EASY....Kathy Barber put me on to it....from the Pioneer Woman blog....click the link and read her description...it's hilarious and exactly what I would have said if she hadn't already...her picture is better too....we wolfed ours down straight out of the pan with nothing but big glugs of milk!




Decadent Apple Dumplings

2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut in 8ths
2 pkg crescent rolls
2 cubes butter
1 1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla
1 can Mountain Dew (about 10 oz)
cinnamon

Wrap the apple pieces in the crescent rolls and place in a buttered 9 x 13 pan
Melt butter and stir in the sugar; add the vanilla. Glop this over the apples...the sugar won't really totally dissolve in the butter...that's OK.
Pour the Mountain Dew around the edges and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake at 350 about 30-40 minutes...

2 comments:

  1. yum!! I love any recipe that looks so yummy and includes so few ingredients! (Most of which I have except Mt. Dew... could I use Dr. Pepper?...) Also I made turkey chilli- which recipe I got from Kendra but Dave says its yours. In any case-- amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....probably not Dr. Pepper, but Kathy said someone used apple juice instead of the Mountain Dew and nobody complained!

    ReplyDelete