Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mother Goose Popcorn


Here's Carson making a "scary face" with the Halloween (Mother Goose) Popcorn

Mother Goose Popcorn (from Donna Tobler)
This seems easier than caramel corn and you can change the color depending on the season...

Pop 4 bags of microwave popcorn and dump into a clean brown paper bag (I get a few at Safeway and put one inside the other for strength)

Stir together in a pan on the stove:

2 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 C white sugar
1 T butter
2/3 C milk

Bring to a soft boil and boil for 2 minutes. Then add:

1 t vanilla
food coloring (paste type gives the deepest color)

Pour this over the popcorn in the bag; stir to mix; dump out on 2 cookie sheets (I line with foil)
This makes a lot and is virtually fat free (but not totally non caloric)

2 comments:

  1. i should have taken it ALL home with me, because I think i ate almost all that you gave me on the drive back to our house. it was yummy. we will have to make more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love Carson's "scary face". That looks good! Now that I have a "kid" I can probably justify making a big batch of it... right?

    ReplyDelete