Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Winter Wassail


We had our first big storm yesterday......here's Mt. Diablo hidden by clouds...just the weather for wassail! I actually measured the juices for this recipe...normally I just dump together what I have around, always starting with the apple juice of course...but everything else is pretty flexible.

2 Qt. apple juice/cider
1 Qt. pineapple juice
2 C orange juice
1/2 C lemon juice
1/2 C sugar
mulling spices in a mulling ball
a few slices of orange if desired

Simmer and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Pat,
    Looks like it was a dark and stormy night...for simmering wassail. Thought an English major might appreciate that little attempt at humor. Ha. Anyhow,...
    what a great picture!
    I'm new at this; What's a mulling ball, and what are the spices that go in it? I'd love to try it!
    Yer never too old...
    LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LeeAnn...good question...I'll post a followup!

    ReplyDelete