Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Turkey Chili



Fall weather makes me want chili...I really like this version...made with ground turkey and some very interesting spices, it's delicious and healthy, low in fat and high in fiber.

Turkey Chili

1 lb ground turkey, browned ( sometimes I just use 1/2 lb)
1 large chopped onion, added to the meat
2 cloves chopped garlic
4 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed (I use the light red ones)
2 (28 oz) cans tomato sauce (maybe only 1 and 1/2 cans if you want it thicker)

Spices: 1 t coriander
1/2 t each: cloves, allspice,
1 T each: oregano, cumin, chili(2 T chili if you like it spicier)
1/4 C brown sugar

Simmer for about 30 minutes... I like it with catsup!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica made this last week I think and it was realy really good, I love this one.

    ReplyDelete