Friday, December 4, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Jingle Bells


This being December and the month for delectible Christmas Cookies, I thought I'd try to come up with a family favorite every day for 12 days...I may have to add the pictures later as I actually bake these....so, first....Jingle Bells...
These are actually Mexican Wedding Cakes or Russian Tea Cakes...but at Christmas we make them a little smaller and then put two of them together with red and green frosting.
Mexican Wedding Cakes
1 C butter
1 t vanilla
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 t salt
2 & 1/4 C flour
3/4 C chopped walnuts (or almonds)

Mix and form small balls; flatten slightly on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm. Roll again when cool. For jingle bells, as I said, put two together with frosting, buttercream or the kind you buy in tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment