Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions!



Well, like everyone else, I'm thinking of getting back to better nutrition after a holiday season of excess....the above picture from a 2004 National Geographic article should help inspire us...I think I'll print it and hang it on the refrigerator....the article concluded by saying:

Perhaps what this country really needs to fight fat is a mom. Make that a vintage mom, with a gingham apron tied around her waist as she places a bowl of vegetables on the table next to a skinless roast chicken. "Instead," says Harry Balzer, vice president of NPD, a marketing research firm that has been tracking what and where Americans eat for nearly a quarter of a century, "the restaurant has become the ultimate kitchen appliance."

Darn...I was hoping to get out of that every day cooking thing....like my friend Gloria said years ago: "Every woman only has so many meals in her...it's different for each one...and when you're done, YOU'RE DONE!" I think I used up a lot of my meals doing Girl's Camp for so many years...(300 people x 7 days x 3 meals x 8 years = )...but I guess as long as we're breathing we'd better think about what we're eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment