Monday, April 5, 2010

Easy Egg Custard Rolls


If you ever see this Jello pudding mix, let me know! This is what the recipe calls for...but I haven't seen it in the stores for several years...so I just used a large box of Jello vanilla pudding mix...the kind you cook. They turned out about the same.



Easy Egg Custard Rolls
(or Vanilla Pudding Rolls)

3 T yeast
2 C warm water
1 cube soft butter
1 1/2 t salt
1 large pkg Pudding Mix (in this case, Vanilla, the kind you cook, only you don't cook it-just use the dry mix)
1/4 t nutmeg
4 C flour (maybe a little more if needed)
(Kendra added 1 egg yolk)

Soften the yeast in the warm water about 5 minutes. Stir in the butter, salt, pudding mix and half the flour. Mix until blended, then add the remaining flour until you have a soft dough. I just knead it in the bowl about 20 times, then pat it out into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle and cut into squares. Melt butter in pan, dip the rolls in as you place in pan, let rise, bake at 350 about 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. i only added one egg yolk (i doubled the recipe....so ended up adding 2 egg yolks....but only one egg yolk per recipe.)

    Dustin said they tasted just like costco rolls (he likes costco rolls....so that was a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on Google and found the custard. I also saw where Amazon has it. I have been able to find most anything I want , that I can't get at my local stores , on on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amazon says it's unavailable now :(

      Delete