Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Apricot Chicken....Yummm!





I found this on Simply Recipes the other day, and since Diana W. brought apricots to RS to share I thought I would give it a try...it was easy and delicious...and pretty healthy as I cut back a bit on the oil and butter....


Mix in a small bowl and set aside:
1 1/2 lbs. fresh apricots, roughly chopped (I cut each half into about 8 chunks)
1/4 C sugar
2 T cider vinegar (I just had wine vinegar...it worked fine)
Brown in large frying pan:
1 T (unsalted) butter...I used olive oil...salt the chicken as it browns.
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces (I used chicken tenders and didn't cut them at all)

Remove when browned.
Add a little more oil to the pan and brown:
1 large onion chopped
Then add and lower heat:
2 C chicken stock
Now, puree 2/3 of the apricots, along with juice that has formed.
Pour the puree into the pan with the chicken stock and onions.
Add:
1 T chopped fresh rosemary
1 t cinnamon
2 T Tabasco or other hot sauce (I used Frank's)
Simmer for 10-20 minutes (cook some rice)
When ready to serve, put the chicken and remaining apricots into the sauce and simmer gently until hot. Serve over rice.





No comments:

Post a Comment