Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kendra's Salsa-ish stuff from Sara

Every time I want to make this I go to Kendra's blog and do a search for cilantro to find the recipe, so I thought I'd just steal it and put it here to make it easier for me to find! Thanks, Kendra (and her friend Sara)


Kendra's Salsa-ish Stuff (plus if you add the chicken you can call it dinner)

1 can corn, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
green onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
2 avocados diced (if you think you'll have leftovers that you want to save, serve the avocado on the side)
cilantro (or basil if Kaity's here)
1 pkg italian salad dressing mix
(plus 1/4 C vinegar & 1/3 C water)
2 limes

Then Kendra has another recipe from Sara for Chicken Salad with basil and rotisserie chicken and white beans...and I can never decide which one I want most...so I just throw some rotisserie chicken in the salsa stuff and maybe some canneloni beans with or instead of the black beans and serve it with warmed corn tortillas and maybe cheese and sour cream...see where indecision leads!!!! But it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment