Friday, January 28, 2011

How Will You Measure Your LIfe?


Below is a link to an address given to last year's graduating class at the Harvard Business School by Clayton Christensen. (He is the author of The Innovator's Dilemma, a Harvard professor, served a mission to Korea, was a counselor in the Boston Mission Presidency, an Area Seventy...he's 6'10" and played on the Oxford University Varsity Basketball team)


He asks his students three questions:

1. How can I be sure that I'll be happy in my career?

2. How can I be sure that my relationships with my spouse and my family become an enduring source of happiness?

3. How can I be sure I'll stay out of jail? (Jess Skilling of Enron fame was a classmate of his!)

Here's the full speech:

Applying business strategies to happiness in life includes:

Create a Strategy for Your Life

Allocate Your Resources

Create a Culture

Avoid the "Marginal Costs" Mistake

Remember the Importance of Humility


Of course as you read this you will recognize the underlying gosple principals....the Plan of Happiness.


1 comment:

  1. This is interesting! I actually applied for a job with him last year but it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete