Thursday, May 5, 2011

Recently Read: The Goose Girl & I Capture the Castle


The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

This is our book club's selection for this month...I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would...Ani is a much better role model for young woment than Bella (Twilight)...When reading LDS authors I always thinks it's interesting to look for LDS themes...Ani's knowledge that she started out as a Princess (I am a Child of God) even though in her present life she is "only" a Goose Girl gives her the strength to continue acting like a Princess who may one day be a Queen...







This book, published in 1948, was written by Dodie Smith...the author of 101 Dalmations...it's a charming book...I'm amazed I had missed this one. Dodie Smith was a well known playwright in the late 30's....I loved this thought....



...When I read a book, I put in all the imagination I can, so that it is almost like writing the book as well as reading it -- or rather, it is like living it. It makes reading so much more exciting, but I don't suppose many people try to do it. (p.26)












No comments:

Post a Comment