Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kaity...Raspberry Scones

I wanted to get this on the blog before I got to October...September is a happy month for many reasons...but chief among them is it's the month Kaity was born!

In honor of Kaity reaching her quarter century birthday and actually eating two raspberries I thought we might make Raspberry Scones...
Raspberry (or Cranberry) Scones
1 3/4 C flour
1/4 C cornstarch
2/3 C sugar
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
4 T butter
1 C frozen raspberries
(or chopped cranberries)
2 t orange rind
3/4 C plain or vanilla yogurt
sugar for top
glaze
Cut butter into dry ingredients with pastry cutter or twoknives. Add orange rind and yogurt. Stir until a sticky ball forms. Add berries and gently fold in. Pat onto buttered cookie sheet in a large circle. Sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake about 20 minutes. Drizzle with glaze (1/2 C powdered sugar thinned with a little milk).

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised I'm wearing an A's shirt in this pic, I've always really associated the Niemans with the Giants and 49ers...Dad what happened?

    ReplyDelete