Monday, August 20, 2012

Grandma Fun!


So I got this cute doll for Penny...and before mailing it off to her, thought I'd make a few clothes (most of the Corolle outfits start at about $25!!!)...first I made this nightgown...with some flannel I've had around ...plus I knit her some cute slippers...


Then I made this cute little dress (and bloomers)...
These were pretty labor intensive...so I started looking for a few shortcuts... I found a couple of good sites...one showed how to make doll leggings from knee hi socks from the Dollar Store...and another, again using Dollar Store underwear to make doll socks, panties, etc. 

    After making the cute leggings I decided to make a jeans skirt...so I got an old pair of jeans (thanks, Mark), cut off about 4" across the bottom of one leg,  cut another 2 1/2 inch strip to make a waistband with a velcro closing on the tab...and put together this cute little jeans skirt (I'll do a separate blog post on making these clothes).

Now Dolly needed a top to go with her skirt...I liked the idea of repurposing clothes rather than starting with fabric...so stopped at Kmart where they were having a 70% off clearance in the baby dept...  I got this little t shirt for $1.29...I cut out my doll blouse, keeping the ruffle collar, and placing the sleeve bottoms along the bottom edge utilizing the hem...and made the shirt she's wearing above...

 (Last night with different light the shirt looks pink)...

 On a roll now...again with a cheap (ummm, discounted) Kmart baby jacket that cost about $3.00...I cut this jacket, keeping the bow snap front and appliqués...


OK...one more bargain Kmart dress (for $2.75)... cut off the ruffle and used to make a skirt, then cut a top keeping the neck ribbing, back snap closing, and puffed sleeves...added a little appliqué...and made bike shorts(we'd hate to dress our doll immodestly!)...



Tired of doll clothes yet? I found some girls jeans leggings at Goodwill (for $1.00) and cut out these little jeans pants, keeping the bottom hems that were already stitched..sewed up the legs and added elastic at the waist...Easy peasy!  This was a lot of fun...coming your way, Penny!




3 comments:

  1. these were all so cute! it will be fun to see what other outfits you come up with! i'll keep on the look out for old clothes you can repurpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom that's super impressive, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom you could go into business... these look super profesh.

    ReplyDelete