Thursday, July 30, 2009

Recently Read


I'm going to try to keep track of the books I'm reading (or more likely, listening to on CDs from the library or from Audible on my IPhone)... it will make it easier to update my LibraryThing catalog...

This week I found a couple of new children's books I really liked...I hope Brady and Carson will like them too....both are by Melanie Watts...










I also read (listened to...then ordered them from Amazon because I really liked them...and you just can't have too many books piled around your house)...two books by Elizabeth Berg...

Home Safe

The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted:And Other Small Acts of Liberation (Short Stories)

And a book Jess recommended: The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer...a futuristic young adult novel....another of Nancy Farmer's books I liked was The Sea of Trolls

Last weeks books included:
Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (Ladies #1 Detective Agency Series)
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

....and most of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince just to remember what was going on before seeing the new movie...

And I hate to admit my less literary reading interests, but (perhaps due to my childhood love of Nancy Drew) I read or listen to a lot of detective, mystery, suspense titles....
So I also read the new Michael Connelly mystery, The Scarecrow ... interesting as it deals with what's happening to those involved in print journalism due to the internet...but maybe not his best.


And I just finished These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 by Nancy Turner...wow!... note the 238 5 star ratings on Amazon.


Thanks, Kristi, for the recommendation...I'm looking forward to reading the two sequels.




No comments:

Post a Comment